Friday, December 12, 2008

India overload

I don't think I had a virus. At least not a cold virus. No runny nose, no cough, no sneezing, no sore throat. But I did have a small fever and an achy body and spent all day yesterday in bed. The fever broke overnight, I had a good night's sleep, and today I feel tired but much better. I think I just overloaded on India.


I've spent some time in my room becoming familiar with this view of Ganges. It's amazing what you can see - people bathing and doing laundry in the river; tourists out for boat rides; commuters crossing back and forth; a pack of monkeys playing in the temple; flocks of bright green canaries; kids flying kites; devotees practising religious services. Just an incredible slice of life.

Before I was taken temporarily feverish, I was quite enjoying my daily meals at the city restaurants, none of which serve meat or alcohol within the old city and river area. Today I haven't had much but curd and fruit, but am looking forward already to tomorrow's meal.

Soda, syrup, and fresh lime.

A variety of flavors for only $1.50.

#

0 comments:

Post a Comment